Friday, October 2, 2009
with the benefit of hindsight, having been a Saatchi intern and having soaked up the beauty of the saatchi testimonials and virtues for improving ourselves and striving to be better*, [*a remark the echoed substantially in the FARA'09 hall after the unsubstantiated and unmoral jury's declination of one of our campaings] i'd be happy to introduce you this commercial that is not saatchi's but ogilvy's, and its not bulgarian, but its greek. but it's good:



Globul has already and once more repositioned itself and normally i'd blame vivacom's result of merging the state owned and mystified telecom with the 3d mobile operator in bulgaria (which has quite a designer copycat resemblance with an italian ad company called, surprisingly, vivacom) because such a competitor's move needs "double the action and triple the exitment". But instead, I understand that Cosmote Group have appointed the above-mentioned, ingenious but heavily nose-curved greek people to enhance the corporate vision of Cosmote's comapnies and put the customer into their world. Or was it vice versa?

Trivial as it may sound the music is what fascinates me here and its magical power of carrying the testimonials of the time before us while beautifully and non-chalantly corresponding with the picture of the vibrant world NOW through its 40-years-OLD lyrics...

World Pollution
There's No Solution
Institution
Electrocution
Just Black and White
Rich and Poor
Them and Us
Stop the War


Music - Ten Years After - I'd Love to Change the World from 1971! Link to Youtube>>>>>HERE

The way I see it now is that world is still the same and that one should JUDGE for himself what to do and how to do it towards human improvement and changing the world. Where he STANDS now will be echoed for future songs, ads, and JURY's awards...

Although my point of view for a well-thought and regionally placed Cosmote-Globul ad of paradoxically unchanged world is now obvious, your Judgment I'll leave it up to you.

2 comments:

Ray said...

Well written, nice ad and the track... the track made my day. Cheers!

pe6o said...

and vice versa:)

Post a Comment

Follow

share

About Me

My Photo
pe6o
I can#t describe myself and even if I could, I should not.
View my complete profile

Twitter