Saturday, November 14, 2009
It's very satisfying and intruguing to finally meet the root of your lovemark. It happened to me just several hours ago, standing in front of the Herzogenarauch's World Headquarter of ADIDAS and the Beautiful outlet...



...feeling the anticipation of the world inside running right to my toes. after watching Celebrate Originality tv ad, part of the late 2008 campaign for re-bursting the Originality series of the brand, I felt in love of it sensuality.

It is even more astonishing what does the lovemark keep as a mistery: This Frankonian place is the bithplace of another of the world's most famous brand - PUMA, who's creator Rudolf Dassler happened to be the brother of Adidas one - Adolf Dassler. They both split their original mutual business after the WWII, due allegedly to a betrayal. Since then the two brands are in constant familiy war, which boosted competitiveness that resuled only in world wide favourability. Yet, Adidas keeps the friendly and brilliantly ironic competitive tone:



But the most important feature of the Adidas brand for me, that Puma does not possess, is its intimacy, because the normal green stripped polo, that I just bought, is making me feel proud, comfortable, self-assuring that I belong to the brand and the brand belongs to my tastes. The closeness and intimacy created is what any witty brand manager should constantly seek for, being the best prerequisite for establishing it as a lovemark.

In that line of thought, no wonder the Australians from Lifelounge Ad Agency have created this outdoor, which idea was laid upon the all-day-dreaming about the three virtues of the beloved mark: sensuality, mistery and intimacy:



Yes, indeed this brand is a personal favourite. And yes, it might not be more special to me than it is to the billions of Adidas lovers, but I was able to just discover its roots and just realise what made it such a lovemark:)

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Follow

share

About Me

My Photo
pe6o
I can#t describe myself and even if I could, I should not.
View my complete profile

Twitter