Thursday, November 5, 2009


My Retail Marketing teacher told us that in April, a month after this was published, on the very final lecture and I just could not believe it. Future is coming so much faster than we think, people, one day truly we will be able to just go in the store and buy all the most suitable to our criteria products through guiding flashes, we will enter our home and the kitchen would suggest us what we want for dinner. All of this through info banking and intelligent computing mechanisms.

JAW-DROPPING!

Now Imagine how can ads suck the best out of this! Or can they suck the worst as well? Ads, direct communication, open one-to-one relationship with every single customer would oppose the privacy of the personal information or of our own secret desires. For example, you 'log on' (in front of a paper world map, sitting in the park with your girlfriend) in search for a holiday and your 6th sense or the new tecnology remembered previous correlated search of a striptease club in the region you looking for and an ad of the relevant correlation is projected in front of you.
Useful for the holiday, not for the current state of mind.

Nevertheless, jaw-dropping is not sufficient enough. Needs to get real. By that time, just use your own 6th sense which milk would spoil the longest and which girl you would like to tip tonight.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Follow

share

About Me

My Photo
pe6o
I can#t describe myself and even if I could, I should not.
View my complete profile

Twitter